2-Day/1-Night Trip from only £125 per pupil.
From mid-November to late December, the fine historical city of Amiens becomes a Winter Wonderland and hosts the largest Christmas Market in Northern France. The capital of the Somme region, the city is dominated by the 13th Century Notre Dame Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The impressive Gothic facade is beautifully lit on Winter nights providing an atmospheric backdrop to the events in the surrounding streets.
With well over a hundred wooden chalets spread over 2kms of the centre traders offer all sorts of tantalising treats and seasonal goods from all over France and beyond. Some pupils will no doubt want to make a dash for the Ice Rink in the middle of Place Gambetta, whilst Carousels and other fairground-style activities lend to the real sense of festive fun, leaving visitors in no doubt that Christmas is just around the corner!
To take advantage of this fabulous price, please email us now on email@example.com or call us on 01603 300380 quoting AMIENSXMAS20.
Travel by executive coach to France after an early departure from school.
You will arrive in Amiens in the early afternoon and in time for a guided walking tour of this beautiful city. After your tour, you will check-in at your Amiens residential centre in time for dinner followed by a return visit to the Cathedral in order to experience the stunning light show ‘la Colorisation de la Cathédrale’ (available 1 December onwards).
After breakfast, you will join your coach to take the short journey to the centre of Amiens where your pupils will be able to soak up the magical atmosphere of northern France’s largest Christmas Market. With 140 ‘chalets’ and many other festive attractions there is plenty to do and enjoy whilst pupils put their language skills into practice.
After having made the most of your time in Amiens, you will depart in the early afternoon for the return journey arriving back at school in the evening.
This visit is offered from as little as £125 per pupil based upon 44 pupils travelling with 5 Teachers free of charge.
The price quoted for the fully-inclusive programme above includes:
* Outward and return transfers by Executive Coach between your school and your destination in France
* Eurotunnel or Ferry Crossing **
* Overnight accommodation at our approved Amiens centre
* Full board accommodation (first meal – dinner day 1/last meal – packed lunch day 2)
* Professionally Guided Tour of Amiens
* Help with provision of comprehensive Risk Assessments
* Tour planning guidance
* Comprehensive Leaders’ Information Packs for travel
* 24/7 Emergency support contact throughout your visit
* Fully Protected Travel Arrangements – Travel Regulation Insolvency Protection Insurance provided by Towergate. For more details please click here.
** Outward travel on peak dates will incur a supplement: 4, 5, 11 & 12 December. Please check with us for details.
Please note the programme and quote price may vary due to coach driving hours regulations and the type and timing of the Channel Crossing.